– It’s Wed: Oct 20, 2004 — and my kitty needs some help!!!.
– Not sure why this site (hartzvictims.org) does not post any antidote information. Just a suggestion.
– Last night I bought the Hartz 4 in 1 flea treatment at the Pets-Mart in Evansville, Indiana. I applied the treatment to my 7lb one yr old persian female (spayed) at 10PM.
– At 4am this morning – I noticed a fist-sized ball of fur next to the commode. Saw the cat scratching at her neck area (where I applied the treatment).
– Immediately, I gave her a bath with Dawn soap. And repeated again 2 hours later after she started scratching again. At 8AM she finally went to sleep (not dead – just nap time), and I went to work.
– I came home at 5:30PM and found another fist size ball of fur in living room. Now it’s panick time. No seizures thank God — just a cat bouncing off the walls scratching the heck out of herself.
– I called the vet. They say too late to do anything — just keep giving her baths – and to let it work itself out. Say to take her to 24 hour emergency vet if seizures start. Also said to give cat an eye dropper full of Children’s Benedryle. My breeder said to do the same thing.
– Right now, kitty is still climbing the walls — can’t get her to settle down. So will spend the night holding her and cuddling her.
– To the folks at Hartz — you are criminals. To the folks at Pets-Mart — you can forget about me paying the credit card bill. Go ahead, sue me.
– Will take kitty to emergency vets if she does not settle down in another hour or two. It’s been 20+ hours (4 baths) since I applied the meds – surely this has to pass?
– Anyone wants to contact me.
– John Coxey
Evansville, Indiana, USA
812-461-2662 (work #)