Need to report incidents to FDA and EPA

After talking with the EPA in my area – Texas, they told me that there were no other victims on record that used Hartz products. Therefore, it is very important that everyone call/email the EPA and the FDA to report their incident.

We need an accurate record of all of these accounts so that we can build a rock solid case against the Hartz company.

EPA: How do I report adverse health reactions associated with these and/or any pesticide products?

If you and/or your pets have experienced adverse health reactions to pesticides, you should report those reactions to your local Poison Control Center, physician or veterinarian. Another option is to contact EPA by telephoning the National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) on 1-800-858-7378, seven days a week excluding holidays, from 6:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time – or fax them on (514) 737-0761 – or send them email at [email protected]

FDA: How To Report An Adverse Drug Experience


Veterinarians and animal owners are encouraged to report adverse experiences and product failures to the government Agency that regulates the product in question. Pretesting by the manufacturer and review of the data by the government does not guarantee absolute safety and effectiveness due to the inherent limitation imposed by testing the product on a limited population of animals. CVM encourages you to contact the manufacturer of a suspect product. Reporting information for the following product categories:

1. Animal Drugs, Devices and Foods
Veterinarians and animal owners may report adverse drug experiences to FDA by:

B. Telephoning the Center for Veterinary Medicine: 1-888-FDA-VETS
IMPORTANT: The identities all persons and animals is held in strict confidence by FDA and protected to the fullest extent of the law. The reporter’s identity may be shared with the manufacturer or distributor unless requested otherwise. However, FDA will not disclose the reporter’s identity to a request from the public, pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act.

2. Animal Biologics: Vaccines, Bacterins and Diagnostic Kits
U.S. Department of Agriculture
(800) 752-6255

3. Pesticides: Topically Applied External Parasiticides
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
(800) 858-PEST

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *