I almost killed 3 of my cats with Hartz flea dip. I purchased it at a food store after seeing my cats were crawling with fleas. At the time, 2 of my cats were 6 months old, and 1 was about 2 years old. I poured the flea dip on them, and one flew out a window, and another cat got stuck in the heating duct trying to get away from me. The solution soaked in to their skin. Hours later, they were drooling, lethargic, losing their balance, foaming at the mouth. By the time I could get it off them, it was too late – they were hardly able to walk. I took them to the vet – they couldnt do much for them at this point, but rinse them. My cats survived. They were sick for a week – unable to jump, foaming at the mouth, heads swaying back and forth – I dont know how they survived, but they did. I dont know if it caused long term effects, but years later, my cats are very sickly. One has chronic pneumonia, and a collapsed lung from respiratory problems. Since that day, I have sworn off toxic chemicals completely. What a horrible, horrible incident, and product.