Hartz killed my mother’s 3 year old dog.

About four months ago, my mother’s dog, Dakota was a happy go lucky lab. She applied Hartz flea drops on him. A few days later, he began to act “drunk.” Another day passed, and he began to have seizures. My mother then called me (she lives in California, and I’m in North Carolina) and screamed at me “Dakota is having seizures and I don’t know what to do, can you help me?” (I’m the animal enthusiast of the family) I told her to get that dog to the vet asap, or he was going to die. She didn’t mention the drops until a week after he died. We thought it was antifreeze. She took him to the vet and found out that his kidneys had failed. They had to euthanize him. They didn’t find any antifreeze in his system, or residue in his mouth. It was a mystery, until she mentioned the Hartz.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *