Hartz 4 in 1 almost claims my kitty

Well, I sure wish I had done my research before buying this product.

Yesterday I was at my boyfriend’s place, and he noticed fleas on his one year old tabby, Elektra. Trying to be helpful, I suggest getting some flea and tick medication and go to the store to buy the Hartz 4 in 1. We applied it to Kitty and after several hours we noticed she had become listless and she began shaking a little.

So we bathed her and called the emergency vet (it was Midnight Sunday by this time) and upon telling her the situation she immediately asked, “Was the medicine Hartz?” When I responded yes she directed me to bring the cat immediately to the hospital.

They have sinced hooked her up to IV’s and have given her valium and a muscle relaxer to help her get over her poisoning. They told me had we waited until morning to bring her in that she would have been dead. Thankfully it seems she may be coming home today as she’s showing no signs of neurological distress, but this whole situation has me completely enraged. In trying to help my boyfriend’s cat I almost killed her, and had she died I never would have forgiven myself.

It’s my intention to attempt to collect not only my refund, but what will amount to almost $1,000 in vet fees from Hartz. I’m sure this probably won’t happen, but I have to try.

Needless to say, I’m preaching the word to keep anyone from buying this lethal product.

Darlene

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *